Mother’s Day Shaker Card
This post may contain Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure for more info
If you’ve been wondering how to make those fun shaker cards, then it is your lucky day. Because today you’re going to learn how to make a Cricut shaker card for Mother’s Day!
Once you make a shaker card with your Cricut, you’ll be hooked! Shaker cards are so fun to make and even more fun to receive. Have multiple people to make cards for on Mother’s Day? Check out these free Cricut Mother’s Day Card Templates for 5 more card ideas or this pop-up flower card.
Shaker Card Materials List:
To make a shaker card, you will need:
- Light or Medium weight Cardstock/Paper – this is a great variety pack if you need multiple colors.
- .007″ thick craft plastic – this is the craft plastic that I use.
- Foam tape – I recommend using a thin width foam tape like 1/8″ or 1/4″ which you can find here.
- Cricut Maker or Explore Cutting Machine and your standard cutting mat.
- Variety of sequins and chunky glitter.
- Scoring Stylus (which is what I will be using in this tutorial) or Scoring Wheel (Maker only). If your cutting machine doesn’t have the scoring feature, this scoring board and stylus is great to use.
- 4×6 envelope or you can make your own envelope with my free envelope templates.
- Pop Up Flower Card Template
Download the Cricut Shaker Card Template
To get this Mother’s Day Cricut Shaker Card SVG, enter your name and email into the form below and then click the “Get It Now!” button! If you have any issues with the form, then click here to open the form in a new window.
Please remember these are for personal use only. If you’re looking to sell products using these designs, please purchase a Commercial Use License here
How to Make this Mother’s Day Shaker Card
Watch the full step-by-step video tutorial to learn how to make this Mother’s Day Cricut shaker card here:
Create a new project in Cricut Design Space and then upload the Mother’s Day cricut shaker card template and add it to your canvas. Click on your template and then select “ungroup” to ungroup your layers.
Note: You won’t be able to modify the shaker card template if you don’t first ungroup your layers!
Adding Score Lines
If you are using a scoring tool (recommended), then click on the vertical line and change the operation to “score”. If you are not using a scoring tool, then delete the line.
You will need to attach the score line to the card. Select both the score line and card template together and select “attach.”
Assembling Shaker Cards
Shaker cards are very easy to assemble and only take a few minutes. Start by folding your base card in half on the score line. Then line the outside of the front of your card with foam tape and remove the paper from the sticker.
Note: Make sure your foam tape in thin enough to be hidden by your top layer. If it’s not, you can use scissors to make it thinner before applying it.
Pour in a mixture of chunky glitter and sequins in between the foam tape. The more you add, the further it will fill up at the bottom. So, if you like a lot of glitter on the inside, then make sure to add a lot.
Then glue the clear plastic to the back of your front card piece and place this on top of the foam tape. You can add a little glue to the foam tape if you want to make sure this is super secure.
And that’s all there is to making a shaker card! Like I said, they are super easy and quick to make.
Tip: Any insert style card design is going to be great for converting to a shaker card that you can make with your Cricut.
More Cricut Paper Crafts You’ll Love!
If you love Cricut paper crafts, then make sure to check out some of my popular paper crafts here:
- Cricut Money Holders
- Milk Carton Favor Boxes
- Polaroid Camera Shutter Card (that opens and closes)
- Gift Card Holder Templates
- Explosion Box with Money Pull!
- Father’s Day Cards
- Christmas Advent Calendar
- Valentine Candy Holders
Please share this design on Pinterest – it’s quick to do and makes a HUGE impact to keep SVG Nation’s designs free to you.