This post may contain Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure for more info
If you’re planning a mermaid theme celebration, then you need to grab this free mermaid shell SVG to make custom party favors with your Cricut! These shell boxes can be used to put treats or small gifts in for party favors. Or you can resize them larger for an adorable purse.
Follow along with the step-by-step tutorial to learn how to put together this mermaid shell gift box with your Cricut. You can also find more mermaid craft and shirt ideas for your Cricut here.
Mermaid Shell Favor Box
You’ll easily be able to put these adorable mermaid shell favor boxes together with your Cricut. Your Cricut will score and cut these right out for you. And then you can quickly and easily assemble them.
To make these mermaid shell favor boxes with a Cricut, you will need:
- Medium or heavy weight Cardstock/Paper – this is a great variety pack with several colors that work great for this project and this is a great variety of glitter cardstock if you like a little sparkle.
- Cricut Maker or Explore Cutting Machine and your standard cutting mat.
- Scoring Stylus (which is what I will be using in this tutorial) or Scoring Wheel (Maker only). If your cutting machine doesn’t have the scoring feature, this scoring board and stylus is great to use.
- Glue – This Bearly Art craft glue is my favorite glue for paper crafts.
- Mermaid Shell SVG
Download the Free Mermaid Shell SVG
To get this Mermaid Shell SVG file, enter your name and email into the form below and then click the “Get It Now!” button! If you have any issues with the form, then click here to open the form in a new window.
Please remember these are for personal use only. If you’re looking to sell products using these designs, please purchase a Commercial Use License here
Save for Later!
Make sure to share this on Pinterest so you can come back to it anytime! Plus, it makes a HUGE impact to keep SVG Nation’s designs free to you. Just hover over the graphic and click the pin icon.
Mermaid Shell Favor Box Step-by-Step Tutorial
Watch the full step-by-step video tutorial to learn how to make these mermaid shell favor boxes:
Create a new project in Cricut Design Space and then upload the mermaid shell SVG template and add it to your canvas. Click on your template and then select “ungroup” to ungroup your layers.
Note: You won’t be able to modify the template if you don’t first ungroup your layers!
Modify the Shell Template in Cricut Design Space
Before cutting your favor boxes, you will need to change some of the lines to score lines. If you are not using a scoring tool, then you will delete these layers instead.
Select the group of lines on your side rectangle piece and change the operation from “cut” to “score”. Repeat this for the lines on top of the other rectangle box and the lines on your shell base.
You will then need to attach the score lines to the group they score on. Do this for all 3 groups separately.
How to Assemble the Mermaid Shell Favor Boxes
1. Start by folding on both score lines on your base piece making sure to fold them both up in the same direction.
2. And then glue the shell outlines to the front and back of your box. You only need to add glue to the shell outline, not to the pearl strap.
3. Fold on all 3 score lines on each rectangle piece. Glue the tab piece to the bottom of your box to attach them together.
4. Continue to glue the tab pieces to the inside of your box to attach your box together. Once all 4 of your tab pieces are glued down, your box is ready to go!
Fill the shell treat boxes with small gifts like nail polish, lip gloss, scrunchies, fidgets etc. for a fun party favor that guests will love! You can also resize these files larger to turn this into a shell purse.
More Cricut Boxes You’ll Love!
If you love this mermaid treat box, then make sure to check out these other fun paper boxes that you can make with your Cricut:
- Strawberry Treat Boxes
- Milk Carton Favor/Gift Box
- Butterfly Gift Box
- Pumpkin Face Treat Boxes
- Christmas Treat Boxes
- Valentine’s Day Mini Gift Boxes
- Paper Cake Box with Money Pull