I know you guys have been wanting another fun gift card holder for guys and so I’ve got a beer mug gift card holder template for you to use with your Cricut. This is going to be perfect for Father’s Day, birthdays or for any other occasion that you want to give your favorite guy his favorite gift card.
Follow along with this step-by-step tutorial to learn how to make this beer mug gift card holder with your Cricut. Or you can search all of my gift card holder SVGs for other gift card holder designs.
Beer Mug Cricut Gift Card Holder
This beer mug Cricut gift card holder also has a coordinating envelope to go with it. If you are giving this for a Father’s Day gift, add the Happy Father’s Day text to the front. Or you can leave it blank or add any other text to it. So it’s easy to customize for any occasion.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.
- Medium to Heavy Weight Cardstock – this is a great variety pack of cardstock which has all the colors you will need to make this gift card holder.
- Cricut Maker or Explore Cutting Machine and your standard grip cutting mat.
- Glue – This Bearly Art Craft Glue is my favorite glue for paper crafts.
- Scoring Stylus (which is what I will be using in this tutorial) or Scoring Wheel (Maker only). If your cutting machine doesn’t have the scoring feature, this scoring board and stylus is great to use.
- Brayer Tool – optional for smoothing everything down.
Download the Beer Mug Cricut Gift Card Holder Template
To get this Beer Mug Cricut Gift Card Holder Template, enter your name and email into the form below and then click the “Get It Now!” button! If you have any issues with the form, then click here to open the form in a new window.
Please remember these are for personal use only. If you’re looking to sell products using these designs, please purchase a Commercial Use License here.
Save for Later!
Make sure to share this on Pinterest so you can come back to it anytime! Plus, it makes a HUGE impact to keep SVG Nation’s designs free to you. Just hover over the graphic and click the pin icon.
Beer Mug Gift Card Step-by-Step Video Tutorial
Watch the full step-by-step video tutorial to learn how to make this beer mug gift card template and coordinating envelope here:
Upload Beer Mug SVG File & Add Score Line
First, upload the Beer Mug SVG file to Cricut Design Space. Before adding your score line (or making any edits), you will need to Ungroup your Layers. With all your layers selected, click on “ungroup”.
Select the line on your beer mug layer and change the operation to “Score”. Then attach this score line to the beer mug layer.
Repeat these steps again for the envelope. Select the layer with the rectangle outline and change the operation to “Score”. Then attach the score lines to your envelope layer.
How to Make & Assemble Gift Card Holder
1. Start by folding the mug in half on the score line. Then glue 4 of the rectangle stripes, evenly spaced on the front. And then glue 4 more on the back.
2. Flip the mug over so the rectangles are facing down. Add glue to the outside of your mug. You won’t add glue to the top. Then fold the mug over to attach the sides together.
3. Glue your 2 foam pieces together and then glue them to the gift card holder piece. When attaching the foam to this piece, only apply glue to the top of the gift card holder.
4. Slide your gift card under the foam and into both of the slot cut outs and then slide the gift card into the mug. The beer foam will go in front of the mug.
How to Make & Assemble Envelope
To assemble the envelope, start by folding on all of the score lines. Then glue the beer foam to your envelope. Fold the 2 smaller sides in and glue the bottom flap over them. You can then use double-sided tape to keep the envelope sealed once you had your gift card holder.
More Cricut Paper Crafts You’ll Love:
If you enjoy paper crafts with your Cricut, then make sure to check out my most popular paper craft projects: