This post may contain Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure for more info
Learn how to make this popular camping light bucket with just a few simple steps! With camping season here, these camping buckets are a great way to provide light (and an extra seat) around the campfire! Download this free Life Is Better When You’re Camping SVG cut file to use with your camping bucket, or find more free camping svg files to use here! Compatible with Cricut, Silhouette and other cutting machines. Easy to resize, change colors and customize however you’d like.
How to make a Camping Light Bucket – Quick and Easy!
To make this camping light bucket, you will need:
- 5 Gallon White Bucket with Lid which you can find here.
- These Submersible LED Lights
- Permanent Adhesive Vinyl – You want to make sure you have permanent vinyl for this project. I recommend this black permanent adhesive vinyl. This variety pack is great as well if you are just getting started building up your vinyl and you want to use a color instead of black.
- Cricut Maker or Explore Air 2 Cutting Machine (or any other cutting machine) and this machine mat for cutting.
- These Weeding Tools for removing the excess vinyl (or something similar)
- This scraper or something similar to adhere and smooth your vinyl to your wooden board.
- Transfer Tape to transfer your design to your chalkboard sign. This is my favorite brand for Transfer Tape
- Life Is Better When You’re Camping SVG (Download Below)
To make this light-up camping bucket, create a new project in Cricut Design Space, upload your SVG File and then prepare your mat to cut.
If you are new to using adhesive vinyl, make sure to check out this full tutorial on applying adhesive vinyl.
Adding the Lights to this DIY Camping Bucket
Once you have applied your vinyl, the last step is to add the lights! I recommend using submersible lights. This way you can fill your bucket with water to keep from blowing away. Just place the submersible light in the bottom of the bucket. Or, you can use a Velcro strip and Velcro the light to the inside of the lid.
Before downloading this graphic, please share this design on Pinterest. It’s quick to do and makes a HUGE impact to keep SVG Nation’s designs free to you.
This free SVG cut file comes in a single ZIP file with the following file formats:
- SVG cut file for Cricut Design Space, Silhouette Designer Edition, Inksape, Adobe Suite and more.
- DXF file for Silhouette users.You can open this with the free software version of Silhouette.
- PNG file with transparent background and 300 dpi resolutions.
- EPS file to use with Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape and more.
To get this free Life Is Better When You’re Camping SVG file, enter your name and email into the form below and then click the “Get It Now!” button!
Please remember these are for personal use only. If you’re looking to sell products using these designs please purchase a Commercial Use License here.