Ring in the New Year with these festive DIY New Year Photo Booth Props! Download these Free Photo Booth Props SVG Files to create these fun photo booth props for your New Year’s celebration! Compatible with all Cricut and Silhouette cutting machines. The designs are layered, so they’re easy to resize, change colors and customize however you’d like.
Supplies Needed to Make Photo Booth Props
These SVG files are layered, so you can easily make these photo booth props by layering cardstock or adhesive vinyl with cardstock. Or use the PDF file to print your photo booth props and cut them. To make these DIY Photo Booth Props, you will need:
- Cardstock and Adhesive Vinyl. You can find the links to the products I used for these in the instructions.
- Printable white cardstock (if you plan to print these). This is the white cardstock I use for printer projects.
- Cricut Maker or Explore Air Cutting Machine (or any other cutting machine) and this machine mat for cutting.
- These Weeding Tools for removing the excess vinyl
- This scraper or something similar to adhere and smooth your vinyl.
- Transfer Tape for applying your vinyl
- Dowel Rods which can be found here.
- Photo Booth Props SVG File (Download Below)
How to Make DIY Photo Booth Props with your Cricut
Upload the New Year’s photo booth props SVG to Cricut Design Space. If needed, this tutorial will show you how to upload files to Cricut Design Space. Before you can edit the file, you will need to ungroup the layers. Select your layers and select “ungroup”.
These designs are already sized for the recommended photo booth prop size. However, if you want to resize them, you can go ahead and do that now. If you are just using cardstock, you can go ahead and cut these now by clicking on “Make It” and then follow the prompts for cutting.
If you prefer to use cardstock for the bottom layer and adhesive vinyl for the top layer, you will need to adjust some colors to use 4 different mats:
- 1 Mat for Black Cardstock – I used a variety of regular black cardstock and this black glitter cardstock
- 1 Mat for Black Adhesive Vinyl – This black shimmer adhesive vinyl is what I used (which is one of my favorite adhesive vinyls!)
- 1 Mat for Gold Cardstock – This is a great gold glitter cardstock to use.
- 1 Mat for Gold Adhesive Vinyl – I used sheets from a variety pack of glitter adhesive vinyl I already had on hand.
*Note – You can pick up individual sheets of cardstock (and glitter cardstock) from your local hobby store if you do not need a full pack.
All I did here is change the color for the lips and kiss me, so they will cut on a different mat with different materials. To do this, select the layer you want to change and then select the color icon in the top menu.
And now, cut your photo booth prop pieces.
Once all of your pieces are cut, you can start to assemble them. If you are using cardstock, just glue the pieces together. If using adhesive vinyl for the top layer, just transfer the adhesive vinyl on top. For individual pieces, you can peel and stick like a sticker.
When you have multiple designs, use transfer tape to easily transfer your design over.
Once your photo booth props are assembled, add the wooden dowel to the back. You can either glue them, or tape them to the back. I like to tape them so I can easily reuse the wooden dowels for photo booth props for other occasions as well. If you don’t have room for tape, go ahead and glue it. A hot glue gun works well for this.
Your photo booth props are now ready to use!
Before downloading this graphic, please share this design on Pinterest – it’s quick to do and makes a HUGE impact to keep SVG Nation’s designs free to you.
If you want the full bundle of New Year Photo Booth Props with over 20 different designs, you can download it here. Otherwise, fill out the form at the bottom to get the 4 free New Year’s Photo Booth Prop SVG designs.
To get these Free Photo Booth Props SVG Files, enter your name and email into the form below and then click the “Get It Now!” button!
Please remember these are for personal use only. If you’re looking to sell products using these designs, please purchase a Commercial Use License here.