Heart Box SVG
This post may contain Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure for more info
Use your Cricut or Silhouette cutting machine to create your own Gift Boxes! These are perfect for small gifts, especially for Valentine’s Day. Or to use as favors for weddings, showers, etc. Learn how to make these super cute heart boxes (and download the free Heart Box SVG) with this step-by-step tutorial.
The other week, I made these butterfly gift boxes, and you guys asked me to make this same box but with a heart design. So, I’ve done just that! And I created another heart box design that’s even easier to assemble (no glue needed)! So, let’s get started with making these boxes with our Cricut.
How to Make Heart Boxes with Your Cricut:
To make these heart boxes, you will need:
- Medium or Heavy Weight Cardstock in your color choices – I recommend this glitter cardstock or this textured cardstock. And this is the white glitter paper that I used (it’s also one of my favorites!)
- Cricut Maker or Explore Cutting Machine and your standard cutting mat.
- Scoring Stylus (which is what I will be using in this tutorial) or Scoring Wheel (Maker only). If your cutting machine doesn’t have the scoring feature, this scoring board and stylus is great to use.
- Glue (I prefer using a hot glue gun)
- Heart Box SVG – Download at the bottom of the post
Watch the full step-by-step video tutorial on how to make this Cricut gift box:
- Upload the heart box SVG files to Cricut Design Space.
- Click on the layer with the group of 4 lines and then change your operation from “basic cut” to “score”. If you are not using a scoring tool with your Cricut, then delete these layers.
- Next, select all of your layers together by holding down shift. Select “attach” to attach your score lines to your box layer.
- Click on “Make It” to cut your box.
Assembling the Heart Boxes
To assemble the box with the heart sticking up, all you need to do is fold on all the score lines. Then, bring the hearts together and press them down. When pressing them down, make sure the sides puff outward instead of folding inward. Then, slide the slits over the hearts to close the box.
To assemble the other heart gift box, start by folding on all the score lines. Then, glue the tab pieces to the inside of the box to form the box shape. To close the box, just slide the heart halves together so they make a whole heart.
These gift boxes are super simple to put together. And all that you need is a sheet of cardstock to make one. If you enjoyed making this gift box, then you’ll love these Cricut box templates as well
Before downloading, please share this design on Pinterest – it’s quick to do and makes a HUGE impact to keep SVG Nation’s designs free to you.
To get this Heart Box SVG, enter your name and email into the form below and then click the “Get It Now!” button!
Please remember these are for personal use only. If you’re looking to sell products using these designs, please purchase a Commercial Use License here.