Want to learn how curve text in Cricut Design Space? Well, now you can and it’s really simple to do! First, start by making sure that you have the newest version of Cricut Design Space. This feature isn’t available in the older version so go ahead and install this now if needed and create a new project.
How to Curve Text in Cricut Design Space
1. Start off by creating your text, using the text tool. If you have multiple lines of text to curve, you need to create them in separate text blocks. Choose your font and resize the text as needed. Place the text in it’s position for your design.
2. Select your text and then click on the curve tool. Drag the slider to the right to curve the text downward or drag the slider to the left to curve the text upward. If you are curving multiple lines of text to match, copy the number for the Diameter and type it in for the next line instead of using the slider. If you want to do this in the opposite direction, take away the minus sign.
3. If the text isn’t just the way you want it, you can continue to resize the text using the resize tool. Increase or Decrease the diameter as needed until your design is just the way you want it!
Turn Your Text into a Circle!
Now we are going to circle the text “Sweet Summertime” around the watermelon using the “summertime” text I already curved. For this to work out, I decreased the watermelon size and slighted increased and curved the text a little more.
1. Click on your text that is already curved and find the diameter. In this case, the diameter is -4.519.
2. Click on “sweet” and enter the opposite diameter. So for this, I entered 4.519 since the original diameter was -4.519. This will give both text blocks the same curvature.
3. Adjust your text and design as needed. And that’s it!
If you are new to using vinyl, you can view all of my favorite brands of vinyl for project type here.
Looking for more Tutorials? View all of my Cricut and Design Space tutorials here.