DIY Halloween Treat Boxes with Free SVG
This post may contain Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure for more info
Use your Cricut or Silhouette cutting machine to create your own DIY Halloween Treat Boxes! Learn how to make these cute boxes (and download the free svg cut files) with the step-by-step tutorial below.
These Halloween treat boxes are perfect for sending Halloween gifts. They are already sized for holding Halloween candy, treats, cookies and other small treats. But, you can easily size them larger or smaller as needed.
This Halloween craft easily comes together with the use of your cutting machine. Both the DXF and SVG files are included so you can use these with either your Cricut or Silhouette. Don’t have a cutting machine? They are great… find the best one for your crafting needs here.
The free SVG download includes 4 different designs: ghost, pumpkin, witch and spider web.
Follow the steps below to create these spooky DIY Halloween treat boxes. Also, you can check out all of my free Halloween SVGs here.
Supplies Needed for DIY Halloween Treat Boxes:
- Cardstock in your color choices (suggested colors: white, black, purple and orange). The thicker the cardstock, the better! This heavy weight cardstock has all the suggested colors and is a high quality cardstock to use for this. This heavy weight textured cardstock is also fun to use with boxes and has all the suggested colors.
- If you want the peek-a-boo affect where you can see into the treat boxes, you will either need this thin clear craft plastic or you can use cellophane bags. The craft plastic does give a nicer look, but if you have clear plastic bags on hand, you can go with the easier route.
- Double-sided tape or glue. I prefer the tape.
- Cutting Machine and this light grip cutting mat.
- If your cutting machine doesn’t have the scoring feature, this scoring board and stylus is great to use.
- Free SVG cut files – Download at the bottom of the post
Step by Step Tutorial
Upload the free Halloween SVG treat boxes to Cricut Design Space. If needed, this tutorial will show you how to upload files to Cricut Design Space.
If using a Cricut Explore, you will need to change the layer with the red lines to “Score” instead of “Cut” in Design Space. If your cutting machine does not have the scoring option, hide those layers and score the box by hand or with your scoring board and stylus after you cut it.
Attach your score lines to your box layer. Hold down shift and select your bottom box layer with the score lines and select “attach”. Do this again with your top box layer and score lines.
Select “Make It” and prepare your light grip cutting mat as shown in the preview. Cut and remove your design from the mat.
*Tip: When removing cardstock, I put the mat face down on the ground and roll the mat off of the design. The cardstock comes right off this right!
After the boxes are cut, fold along the score lines. Cut out a square piece of craft plastic or your cellophane plastic to fit inside the lid of the box. Use tape or glue to adhere the clear plastic to the inside of the lid. You can also use different colored cardstock instead of the clear plastic to hide the contents inside your DIY Halloween treat box. If you have wrapped candy, you can just leave it open as well.
Use the small tabs to tape each box piece together. Just fill these boxes with Halloween goodies and they are ready to go!
Looking for more designs? View all of my Halloween SVGs here and my free Paper Crafts here.
To get these DIY Halloween Treat Box SVG files, enter your name and email into the form below and then click the “Get It Now!” button!
Please remember these are for personal use only. If you’re looking to sell products using these designs please purchase a Commercial Use License here.