This post may contain Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure for more info
Are you looking for some adorable baby shower card SVG files? Then you’ve come to the right place! Today I will be sharing some Cricut baby shower card ideas that you can make with your Cricut, along with the free templates to make them.
Materials for Making Cards with Your Cricut
Cardstock – Cardstock is the main material that you will need to make these Cricut Baby Shower Cards. I recommend using a light to medium weight cardstock. Here are some of my favorite cardstocks to use for cards and other paper crafts:
- Neenah Assorted Starter Pack – Great starter pack! This will give you the colors needed for just about any cardstock project.
- White Diamond Glitter Cardstock – My absolute favorite cardstock! I always keep this in stock because it turns a simple cardstock project into something fabulous. You can also print on this.
- Double Sided Gold Glitter Cardstock – This is another favorite of mine! The glitter is so smooth, and it’s double sided which makes it great for so many different projects.
- Glitter Assorted Cardstock Paper – Glitter cardstock looks great for accessorizing cards or for using to add color to the cutouts.
- White Cardstock – Sometimes you just need a good, plain white cardstock. A lot of white cardstocks are yellowish, but this Neenah Premium cardstock is a great shade of white.
Scoring Stylus – If you are using the Cricut Explore or Maker, I highly recommend that you use a Scoring Stylus or Scoring Wheel (Maker only). This will ensure that you have perfect fold lines so that your pop-up card comes together perfectly. This Scoring Stylus is very inexpensive but will make such a huge difference when making cards, boxes and other paper crafts with your Cricut.
Baby Shower Card SVG Files – Download at the bottom of this post.
Envelopes for Your Cards
The insert cards fit perfectly within the 4×6 size envelope. And the pop-up card fits perfect in a 5×7 envelope. You can create your own with these free envelope templates or purchase these as they are standard sized envelopes.
How to Make Cards with Your Cricut
Watch the full step-by-step video tutorial on how to make these Cricut Baby Shower cards:
These first two Baby Shower card designs are for insert cards. You can either make these with cardstock and your standard cutting mat, or with your card mat and insert cards. For this tutorial, I will show you how to make these with cardstock and your standard mat. But, if you want to use your card mat or Cricut Joy, then you will need to slice the design out in Cricut Design Space to prepare it.
Step-by-step Tutorial to Make Insert Cards
- First, upload the baby shower card template to Cricut Design Space and then Ungroup your Layers. With all your layers selected, click on “ungroup”.
- If you are using a scoring stylus or scoring wheel, then select the layer with the line across the card and change it to “Score”. To do this, select the layer and in the operations menu, select “Score”. If you do not have a scoring tool, then delete this layer.
- Change the layers with the words and designs to pen instead of cut in the operation menu.
- Last, you will need to attach your score line and pen layers to your card layer. To do this, select all 3 layers together and select “Attach”.
- You are now ready to cut your card. Make sure to pay attention to the prompts in Cricut Design Space so you know when to add your scoring tool and pen tool.
- Once your Cricut has finished scoring, writing and cutting, you can remove your card from the mat. To assemble your card, you just need to fold your cat in half and then add the insert piece into the slots.
These insert cards are super simple (and quick!) to make. And this “It’s a Boy” card design comes with the “It’s a Girl” design as well.
You will love this funny baby card design as well. This one is perfect for those baby showers where you don’t know the gender or for those having their first child.
This elephant baby shower card is super easy to assemble. Once the pieces are cut out, just glue the elephant and heart to the front of the card.
Step-by-step Tutorial to Make a Baby Shower Pop-Up Card
For the pop-up card, you will need to use a Cricut mat with cardstock paper. This design does not work with the card mat or Cricut Joy. It is important to use a light to medium weight paper for the inside of this card. If you use a heavy weight cardstock, the pop-up design will be difficult to assemble, and the card will not fold easily.
First, upload the baby shower card template to Cricut Design Space and then Ungroup your Layers.
Repeat step 1 to ungroup each card layer. Select the front of your card and select “Ungroup.” Then, select the inside of your card and select “Ungroup”.
Select the line layer that goes across the front of the card and change the operation to “Score.” If you are not using a scoring tool, then delete this layer.
Select the layer that reads “The Snuggle is Real” and change the operation to “Pen.”
Select your score line, your text (The Snuggle is Real) and the card layer together by holding down shift and then select “Attach.”
Select the text of the inside of the card and change the operation to “Pen”.
Select the group of lines and change these from Basic Cut to Score. If you are not using a scoring tool, delete all of these layers. I highly recommend that you use a scoring tool for this, or the anniversary card will be very hard to assemble.
Select your pen layer, group of score lines and card layer together by holding down shift. Then, select “Attach.”
You are now ready to cut your card. Make sure to pay attention to the prompts in Cricut Design Space so you know when to add your scoring tool and pen tool.
How to Assemble the Baby Shower Pop-Up Card
When you are ready to assemble the pop-up card, start by folding on all the score lines for both pieces. Once you have a good fold on all score lines, glue the inside pop-up piece to the inside of the outer card. Make sure that you do not glue down the blocks on the inside of the card.
Also, make sure to glue the inside piece down the correct way. Pay attention to the front of the card and which way it opens.
Once the inside layer is glued down, pull out the baby blocks so they create the pop-up effect. With these pieces pulled out, close the card and press down firmly to get a good fold on all the score lines. And then glue the block pieces and words to the blocks.
Once the inside of the card is assembled, just glue the baby onesies and letters to the front of the card and it’s done! This baby shower card is pretty simple to assemble but has a fun surprise inside for your loved one!
I hope you’ll have just as much fun making these Cricut Baby Shower cards as you do giving them! And there is plenty of space to add your own sweet message to the inside.
Before downloading these Baby Shower Card SVG Files, please share this design on Pinterest – it’s quick to do and makes a HUGE impact to keep SVG Nation’s designs free to you.
To get these Cricut Baby Shower Cards, enter your name and email into the form below and then click the “Get It Now!” button!
Please remember these are for personal use only. If you’re looking to sell products using these designs, please purchase a Commercial Use License here.