Looking for something to do with dance pins from competitions? This personalized shadow box is a great solution for storing all your competition pins. Download 4 different styles of dance svgs to personalize your shadow box for dance pins for free below!
How to Make a Personalized Shadow Box For Dance Pins
To make this shadow box for storing your dance pins, you will need:
- Shadow Box Frame – I used this 8×10 shadow box (available in multiple colors) and it works perfect. The width is perfect for storing dance pins and medals and has room to hold well over 100 dance pins! If you think you will need something larger, you can go with a larger sized shadow box.
- Permanent Adhesive Vinyl. For the dancer, I used this black permanent shimmer vinyl (which I am obsessed with) and purple for the name. If you are just getting started building up your vinyl supply, I recommend this variety pack of permanent adhesive vinyl.
- Cricut Maker or Explore Air 2 Cutting Machine (or any other cutting machine) and this machine mat for cutting.
- These Weeding Tools for removing the excess vinyl
- This scraper or something similar to adhere and smooth your vinyl to your wooden board.
- Transfer Tape for applying your vinyl
- Dance Silhouette SVGs (Download Below)
To make your shadow box for dance pins:
- Create a new project in Cricut Design Space
- Upload your SVG File and resize as needed. For the 8×10 shadow box, 8 inches in height is a good size to go with.
- Add the name to your design and place it in it’s spot.
- Send your design to cut and prepare your cutting mats. If you are new to using adhesive vinyl, make sure to check out this detailed tutorial on using Cricut adhesive vinyl and layering adhesive vinyl.
- Apply your design to the front of the shadow box.
- Add a color piece of vinyl or cardstock to the back of your shadow box. I used this shimmer adhesive vinyl and applied it to the inside of the back of the frame.
- Add your dance pins.
I love the way this personalized dance shadow box turned out! It’s such a great way to display (and not lose) all the competition dance pins. My daughter is new to completive dance, but she is excited to fill this up over the years.
If you want to make dance shirts as well, view all my free dance svgs here.
Before downloading this graphic, please share this design on Pinterest – it’s quick to do and makes a HUGE impact to keep SVG Nation’s designs free to you.
This free SVG cut file comes in a single ZIP file with the following file formats:
- SVG cut file for Cricut Design Space, Silhouette Designer Edition, Inksape, Adobe Suite and more.
- DXF file for Silhouette users.You can open this with the free software version of Silhouette.
- PNG file with transparent background and 300 dpi resolutions.
- EPS file to use with Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape and more.
To get these Dance Silhouette SVG files, enter your name and email into the form below and then click the “Get It Now!” button!
Please remember these are for personal use only. If you’re looking to sell products using these designs please purchase a Commercial Use License here.