Mardi Gras masks are a must if you’re planning or going to any Mardi Gras celebration. So today, I’m going to show you how you can easily make your own layered masks using our free Mardi Gras mask SVG files. With 4 different mask designs, you can easily customize these for each person’s personality.
Materials for Mardi Gras Masks
This free Mardi Gras mask design includes a PDF file to use as a printable. Or use your Cricut to cut out each mask shape and embellishments. To make these festive masks, you will need:
- Cardstock in your color choices – This heavy weight cardstock is a great variety pack that I recommend keeping on hand if you like to do paper crafts. You may also like this heavy weight textured cardstock as well. Or use this glitter cardstock to really elevate these masks.
- Cricut Maker or Explore Cutting Machine and your standard or light grip cutting mat.
- Gems or other embellishments – These stick-on gems are the way to go (especially for kids!)
- You may want to add feathers to your masks. Here is an assortment of feather in Mardi Gras colors.
- Glue – You may also want glitter glue in purple, green or yellow for decorating your masks.
- Elastic if you prefer for these to be wearable masks. Or these wooden dowels if you are making photo booth props.
How to Make Layered Mardi Gras Masks
This Mardi Gras Mask SVG is already the perfect size for making masks. You can see the size of the masks in the picture below.
If you would like to resize the masks for a larger or smaller size, you can do this in Cricut Design Space. Before you can edit the designs, you first need to ungroup the layers. With all your layers selection, click on “ungroup”.
Once your designs are cut out, just assemble the pieces and decorate. You can decorate these Mardi Gras masks using gems, feathers, glitter or decorative glue. If you don’t have embellishments on hand, just use the pieces in the design to decorate your masks.
This Mardi Gras mask design can also be used for cupcake toppers, shirts and more. If you are looking for more Mardi Gras photo booth props, then download this pack of 25 Mardi Gras photo booth props here!
Before downloading this Mardi Gras design, please share this design on Pinterest – it’s quick to do and makes a HUGE impact to keep SVG Nation’s designs free to you.
Download The Mardi Gras Mask SVG
You can download these free Mardi Gras Mask SVG Files from my members only free library (design #3 under Mardi Grads Files or search “Mardi Gras Mask”).
Don’t have a password? Unlock my free members library by entering your name and email in the form below or click here.